Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Problems

Problems  Solutions: So, it's still Tuesday...barely. It's not that I forgot, I just hadn't decided what I wanted to write about. It's hard for me today to pinpoint exactly what I'm feeling, let alone a quote to go along with it. In flipping through my quote book though, I think I've found one that does a pretty good job of illustrating my mood. It's by Gordon B. Hinckley--what a wise man. "All of us have problems. We face them every day. How grateful I am that we have difficult things to wrestle with. They keep us young, if that is possible. They keep us alive. They keep us going. They keep us humble. They pull us down to our knees to ask the God of Heaven for help in solving them. Be grateful for your problems, and know that somehow there will come a resolution." I tend to focus a lot on my 'problems'. I don't know why I do this when there are so many other things I could be focusing on. Besides that, thinking about them won't change them anymore than complaining about something will fix it. If I invested half of the energy I use thinking about my 'problems' into serving others (or any other productively beneficial activity), I would be a lot happier. My wise roommate has taught me that everyone has things they're working on. What a great perspective to have! It's important to realize that everyone's doing the best they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment