Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Perspective

One of my favorite words is: perspective. When I was student teaching in a preschool, I based an entire week's worth of lesson plans around it as a theme, "Without others, our growth is limited to our own perspective."; I love hearing quotes from another's perspective, “The way I see it is if you want the rainbow, you’ve got to put up with the rain.” -Parton; and I love quotes about changing your perspective, "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." --Wayne Dyer

I was at a bridal shower a few summers ago. Everyone in attendance was encouraged to give the future bride words of advice. Though I'd been married a couple of years at the time, I was always happy to hear marriage advice so I pulled out my phone to take a few notes. I was glad I did because one piece of advice has since then stuck with me: "Don't worry about things that won't matter in a week." What a great perspective!! How many times do we get caught up thinking about things our spouse ought to do, hasn't done, or things that have been said or have not been said? If it won't matter in a week, then don't ruminate on it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment