Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Change

On Sunday I gave my 'farewell' talk since I will be serving an LDS mission starting next week. My topic was missionary work but I narrowed it down to change. One of my favorite quotes about change is by Henry B. Eyring: “Most of us have had some experience with self-improvement efforts. My experience has taught me this about how people and organizations improve: The best place to look is for small changes we could make in things we do often. There is power in steadiness and repetition. And if we can be led by inspiration to choose the right small things to change, consistent obedience will bring great improvement.” Something I have been working on changing lately is my public prayers. I tend to direct my words to the audience, rather than my Heavenly Father. I get too caught up in the perceptions of others as well as my wording that they aren’t really heart-felt. At least I’ve noticed that this is an area in which I can improve and have been striving diligently to become better. Next Tuesday will be my last post on this blog for eighteen months. I hope during that time I can facilitate the changing of others through the gospel of Jesus Christ as well as become a better, changed individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment